Standard of Conduct
We conduct our operations with honesty, integrity and openness, and with respect for the human rights and interests of all stake holders including employees.
Obeying the Law
Company is committed to comply with all the legal requirements, laws and regulations of Pakistan.
- Company is committed to create the working environment where there is mutual trust and respect and everyone feels the responsibility for the improved performance and reputation of the Company.
- It recruits, employs and rewards employees purely on merit and on the basis of the qualification, experience and abilities needed for the work to be performed.
- It is committed to provide safe, healthy and pleasant working environment to all employees. Company will not use any form of forced, compulsory or child labor.
- It is committed to work with employees to develop and enhance each individual’s skills and capabilities, provide training to groom them on the basis of their Training Needs Assessment analysis.
- It respects the dignity of employees and the right of individual to express freely.
- Company maintains good communication link with employees through Company based information and consultation procedures.
It is committed to provide prompt and efficient services to its clients by properly insuring their risk, doing risk assessment and by issuing insurance policies to meet various requirements of the clients. It endeavors to provide peace of mind and security to its clients pursuing ethical and professional practices.
Company will conduct its operations in accordance with principles of good corporate governance. It will provide timely, regular and reliable information on its activities, structure, financial situation and performance to all the shareholders.
- Company is committed to establish mutually beneficial relations with its insured, reinsurers and business partners.
- In the business dealings, the Company expects its partners to adhere to business principles and ethical practices consistent with its own.
Company strives to be a trusted corporate citizen and, as integral part of society, to fulfill its responsibilities to society and communities where it operates.
- Company will to promote and defend its legitimate business interests.
- It will co-operate with the government and other organizations, both directly and through bodies such as Insurance Association of Pakistan, in the development of proposed legislation and other regulations that may affect legitimate business interests.
- Company neither supports any political group or party nor contributes to the funds of any group whose activities are aimed at, directly or indirectly, to promote party interests.
- Company is committed to making continuous improvement in the management of environmental impact and to the long term goal of developing a sustainable business.
- Company will work in partnership with others to promote environmental care, increase understanding of environmental issues and disseminate good practice.
Company and its employees will conduct their operations in accordance with the principles of fair competition and all applicable regulations without compromising on ethical practices.
- Company does not give or receive, whether directly or indirectly, bribe or other improper advantages for business or financial gains. No employee may offer, give or receive any gift or payment, which is, or may be construed as being, a bribe. Any demand for, or offer of, a bribe must be rejected immediately and reported to the management.
- Its accounting records and supporting documents must accurately describe and reflect the nature of the underlying transactions transparently. No undisclosed or unrecorded account, fund or asset will be established or maintained.
Conflict of Interests
Company’s employees are expected to avoid personal activities and financial interests that could conflict with their responsibilities to the Company. They must not seek gain for themselves or for others through misuse of their positions.
- Compliance with these principles is an essential element in our business success. The Company’s Board of Directors (the Board) is responsible for ensuring that these principles are communicated to, and understood and observed by, all employees.
- Responsibilities are properly delegated to the senior management. They are responsible for implementing these principles, if necessary through more detailed guidance tailored to local needs.
- Assurance of compliance is given and monitored each year. Compliance with the Code is subject to review by the Board and supported by the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Any breaches of the Code must be reported in accordance with the procedure specified by the management.
- The Board of the Company expects employees to bring to their attention, or to that of senior management, any breach or suspected breach of these principles.
- Provision has been made for employees to be able to report in confidence and no employee will suffer as a consequence of doing so.